About Dr Subrat Acharya
- Dr. Subrat Acharya is presently working as the Executive director of Gastroenterology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road.
- He holds a wide experience of more than four decades (40 years) in the field of Gastroenterology.
- He finished his M.B.B.S. in 1974 from MKCG Medical College, Orissa and M.D. (General Medicine) in 1980 from Utkal University, Orissa. Further, he pursued D.M. (Gastroenterology) in 1982 from All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- He was also elected as the President of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) and the Indian National Association for the Study of Liver.
- He has been credited for training over 113 Gastroenterologist and PhD fellows, who now lead his legacy ahead across the world.
- He has penned more than 50 chapters on Gastroenterology & Medicine in several textbooks.
- He is skilled in treating complex cases of Gastroenterology, hepatology and liver diseases.
- He has been honoured with numerous awards such as the Padma Shree, Samanta Chandrasekhar, JC Bose Award, Mitra Olympus Endoscopy Award and P N Berry Award.
- He holds professional membership of the Asian Pacific Association for the study of liver, Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Research Forum for Digestive Diseases, Indian Association for the study of liver and International Association for the study of the liver.
- Dr. Acharya has penned more than 300 articles and papers in National and International medical journals.
List Of Treatments
- Gall Bladder (Biliary) Stone
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Gastritis Treatment
- Liver Disease
- Hepatitis B
- Boutonniere Deformity
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction (CIP)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Duodenal Switch
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease GERD
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Consultant- Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Professor and Head- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- M.B.B.S.- MKCG Medical College, Berhampur University, Orissa (1974)
- M.D. (General Medicine)- Utkal University, Odisha (1980)
- D.M. (Gastroenterology)- All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (1982)
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- In 2014 he received Padma Shree.
- He is the recipient of Mitra Olympus Endoscopy Award and P N Berry Award.
- In 2003 he received Samanta Chandrasekhar Award, 2003.
- Best Young Investigator Award by Asia-Pacific Association for Study of the Liver.