About Dr Mandar Deshpande
- Dr. Mandar Deshpande is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Head and Neck Oncology at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
- He possesses vast experience of more than 25 years in Head & Neck Oncology Surgery.
- He has received his Head & Neck Robotic Surgery training from Severance Hospital, Yonsei University, South Korea.
- He is one of the few Surgeons in the country to perform Robotic Assisted Neck dissections through a Minimal Incision in the Neck.
- Dr. Deshpande has performed more than 5000 Head and Neck Cancer Surgeries at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
- He has performed the first Trans Oral Robotic Surgery for the Oropharyngeal Tumour in Mumbai.
- He is the first surgeon in the country to perform Robotic-Assisted Neck Dissections and Trans Oral Robotic surgeries.
- Dr. Deshpande also specializes in performing Conservative Laryngectomy with Minimal Morbidity, Treatment of Thyroid Tumours (Benign and Malignant), Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomies (especially for Geriatric patients with Co-Morbidities).
- He is a speaker at various National and International conferences and has 61 publications in Indexed Journals.
- He holds the professional membership of AHNS (American Head Neck Society) and FHNO (Foundation of Head & Neck Oncology).
- He is also a member of ISO (Indian Society of Oncology) and IASO (Indian Association of Surgical Oncology).
- He also holds several Publications, both Nationally and Internationally and has written Journals on Surgical Oncology (Head & Neck Oncology).
- Dr. Deshpande has performed more than 100 Head and Neck Robotic Surgeries and Laser surgeries (Laryngeal & Oral).
- He has performed more than 500 Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy and Thyroidectomies for Benign and Malignant cases.
- Surgical Oncology
- Robotic assisted Surgeries
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgeries
List Of Treatments
- Trans Oral Robotic Surgeries (TORS)
- Head & Neck Onco Surgery
- Laser surgeries (Laryngeal & Oral) Conservative
- Minimally invasive Parathyroidectomy
- Thyroidectomies for Benign and Malignant cases
- Diagnostic procedures (Scopy and Biopsy)
- Treatment, planning and execution (surgery/chemotherapy/radiotherapy)
- Palliative care for terminal stage patients
- Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery
- Oral Cancer Surgery
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Complex Reconstruction of Head and Neck defects
- Robotic and Laser Surgery
- Larynx Cancer
Assistant Professor and Associate Professor (Head & Neck Oncology)- Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS- LTM Medical College, Sion, Mumbai
- MS (General Surgery)-Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- DNB (Surgical Oncology)-National Boards of Examination, New Delhi
- Dr. Deshpande has received the Best paper awards at 5 National Conferences.
- He has also received theBest Video Award at 3 National Conferences.
- He received an award for one of his papers as the ‘Best Paper Award’ at the ‘7thAmerican Head and Neck Society Meeting’ in San Francisco, USA.