About Dr Lakshmikanth J
- Dr. Lakshmikanth J is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon at Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur, Bangalore.
- Dr. Lakshmikanth J is a well-known Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon with a thriving experience of more than 24 years.
- He completed his M.B.B.S. in 1986 from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal and MS in 1990 from Bangalore Medical College. Further, he pursued FRCS in 1999 from Inter-Collegiate Board in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, Edinburgh, UK and Spinal Fellowship in 2000 from St James’s University Hospital, Leeds, UK.
- In 2013, he pioneered Tibial Condylar Defect Management In Total Knee Replacement through a one-year spine fellowship at St James University Hospital.
- He presented a study on 'Neurofibroma involving bones' at Bangalore Orthopedic Convention, India.
- In the Registrar's paper presentation competition, he presented “Pattern of Muscle Involvement in Poliomyelitis” in December 1996 at St. Thomas’s Hospital, London.
- He is trained in spinal surgeries, with special emphasis on scoliosis and complex spinal reconstructive surgeries.
- His areas of expertise are Accident and Trauma, Spine Surgeries and Joint Replacement surgeries.
- Accident and Trauma
- Spine Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Orthopaedic surgery
List Of Treatments
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
- Open Reduction of Fracture
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Repair of Shoulder Rotator Cuff
- Acromioclavicular Joint Repair
- Repair of dislocations
- Shoulder Labral Tears Surgery
- Surgical decompression
- Extensor mechanism realignment
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic Debridement of Calcium Deposits
- Paget’s Disease
- Senior Consultant- Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
- Consultant- Hosmat Hospital
- Consultant- St. James University, Leeds UK
- MBBS- Kasturba Medical College Manipal(1986)
- MS-Bangalore Medical College (1990 )
- FRCS- Trauma & Orthopedic Surgery – Inter – Collegiate Board in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, Edinburgh, UK (1999)
- Spinal Fellowship- Department of Spinal Surgery, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds, UK (2000)