About Dr Gaurav Mehta
- Dr. Gaurav Mehta is currently associated as the Senior Consultant of Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai.
- He is a renowned Gastroenterologist and Transplant Hepatologist with vast experience of more than 10 years.
- The main area of interest of Dr. Mehta is Hepatology and liver transplant along with Luminal Endoscopy.
- He has successfully performed more than 200 Liver Transplants since he joined the hospital.
- He performs more than 2000 procedures a year.
- He attends about 4000 OPD patients every year, including complex advance Liver Cirrhosis patients, GI Malignancy and Therapeutic Endoscopy.
- He holds the professional membership of ASGE (American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy) and ACG (American College of Gastroenterology).
- Dr. Mehta holds the professional membership of ABIM (American Board of Internal Medicine, (Diplomat) and ABIM – (American Board of Gastroenterology (Diplomat)).
- He also holds the professional membership of AASLD (American Association for Study of Liver Disease).
- He has several Publications both Nationally and Internationally and has written Journals of Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology.
List Of Treatments
- Management of end-stage Liver Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplant
- Fatty Liver Disease (NASH)
- Management of Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Luminal Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy (EGD)
- Variceal Banding (Sclerotherapy)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic FNA
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Colonoscopy – Diagnostic and Therapeutic
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage
- Biliary Metal Stent Placement
- Oesophageal Metal Stent Placement
- Duodenal Metal Stent Placement
Associate Professor (Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology)-Ohio University, Athens
- MD (Internal Medicine)-Graduate Hospital, Drexel University School Of Medicine, USA
- Fellowship (Transplant Hepatology)-Albert Einstein Medical Centre, Philadelphia, USA
- Fellowship (Advance Therapeutic Endoscopic)-Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Harvard Medical School, USA
- Fellowship (Gastroenterology/Hepatology)-Hahnemann Hospital, Drexel University School of Medicine, USA
- In 2004, Dr. Mehta won Chairman’s Award for most outstanding 1st-year resident at Graduate Hospital.
- In 2006, he was awarded Program Director’s Award for the most outstanding senior resident at Graduate Hospital.
- In 2006 he was nominated for the American Liver Foundation/American Association to study liver disease and won the Resident Scholar Award.